
hopeless romantic: Someone who believes in the fairy tale love story and the happy endings. Very romantic and stuff like that.
Yes, that's me.
And in spite of it being Monday morning, work is slow, and I am bored, I decided to get my feelings down.
Yes, I admit it, I am a hopeless romantic.
I dream of meeting that Prince Charming, of being swept off my feet, of meeting that one person who makes time stop, of that man who'se smile makes everything in the world happpy. I dream of happily ever after, I want to be loved, but be loved for my personality, my faith, my dreams, ambitions, for my values, for my good nature, for my quirky sense of humor, I want to be loved for me.
So what's a girl to do? Sign up for the latest online dating service? Desperately reach out to long lost friends and ask to be set up? Always be on the prowl? Be seen in public, in a desperate attempt to find Mr. Right?
WRONG! I am done playing this whole so-called game of love.
I have been hurt and broken hearted for the past little while and I have decided that there is beauty and goodness to life - regardless of having someone to share it with. Yes, it would be nice to have that one person whom you would do anything for, have that one person who makes your world go round, but I have decided that life is too short to be passed up.
I want to live life to the fullest - I want to check off points on my bucket list. I want to make each day acceptable, meaning make each day count. Make sure that I do something good for the world.
Life is too short, so I say that when you're depressed about being single, when you're down and out because you don't have a hot date on Friday night, take my advice and check into reality. Make your life what you want it to be. Who cares if you're a hopeless romantic? Live life for YOU!
I know I am going on and on, but it's taken me awhile to learn this lesson. But I know that with good friends, a great family, awesome parents, a great support system, working out, listening to MADONNA, becoming a better member of my faith, and serving others (just to name a few) that LIFE IS GOOD.
The world is a good place. "Life is meant to be enjoyed, not just endured"
Life is a constant journey, not a destination, happiness is what you make it up to be. No one can live your life for you, so start living today!!!





3 comments:
Oh, Ash...I didn't know the boy was out of the picture. You have the perfect attitude. Live, learn, and love it...and sweet blessing come when you aren't even expecting them. You are amazing and I love you!
Oh Ashley my sweet....I TOTALLY remember being right where you are at! It's hard to pick yourself up after breakups, but each realtionship teaches you something. Besides...you have talked about a mission b4..is that still a possibility? You guys are coming to g-ma warners next week right??? I have to work til 6 and then we will be there, so we can chat it up:) k hang in there girl, you sound positive!!!
Life is hard sometimes. Love you, girly!
Post a Comment