Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

happiness

I told y'all I had exciting news...
well, my exciting news is that I'm going to be going to the LDS temple in about a week and a half to receive my endowment in the temple.


side note: what is an "endowment"?
An ordinance we receive in the temple is the endowment.  The word endowment means "gift" or "bestowal."  As part of this ordinance, we are taught about the purpose of life, the mission and Atonement of Jesus Christ, and Heavenly Father's plan for His children.  We gain a glimpse of what it will be like to live in His presence as we feel the peaceful atmosphere of the temple.




I cannot express to you how excited, nervous, happy, and peaceful I feel about this decision I've made.  It's a giant step towards progressing in the church, which is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I can't imagine anything better that I could do for myself than go through the temple and make my covenants with God.




(photo taken by moi)

"And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" -Matthew 16:19




(photo taken by moi)


(photo taken by moi)



I am so excited, have I mentioned that yet?
this is my next big adventure in my life and i'm so thankful to have this opportunity to go to the HOLY TEMPLE of God.

if you'd like to learn more about the LDS Temple, click here

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ash congratulations!!! Thats so exciting. I can't wait to receive mine here in a couple of months. I can see how prepared and ready you are and that will be such an amazing thing. You're wonderful!!! Love ya girl!

Unknown said...

I will never forget the day I went through and the feelings I experienced. ... Seriously you will love it. Life just makes more sense :)

Unknown said...

Yay, congratulations!!

Alyx said...

How exciting!! Congrats, Ashley!

Suze said...

That's so exciting!

I converted and I went to the temple just a little over a year after my baptism. That was about a year and a half ago.

While I don't know how I feel about the church anymore, I will say that I will always remember that experience. I know you will have a wonderful day.

Catie said...

Aaaaah! how exciting for you!!! I'm so glad you are doing this! I don't have to tell *you* how worth it is, I know you know. I am so happy for you! This is a big deal!! :D

Alexis Kaye said...

YAYYYY that is so exciting! It's overwhelming but SOO worth it :) I love the temple

megan danielle said...

oh my goodness that is so exciting! im so happy for you! i camt waot to go theough the temple!

Steven Brown said...

I love, love your blog. It is a pleasure to see a new face on blogger. I am now following. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. Hope to hear from you soon. God bless

AllyValdez said...

I just went through last week! It is very life changing:) in a good way of course!

xoxo
ally

from head 2 toe said...

Such a good day! Just focus on what you feel and how you feel. :) best advice I recieved going into it!

Shay said...

I know I already told you, but I couldn't be happier for you! Just a couple days away and you will be forever changed for good:-)