Recent Posts

Monday, May 24, 2010

veganism + alkalinism

Hi, my name is Ashley and I'm addicted to carbs.

Yup, I admitted it. I have an addiction to carbs. It's not like its a bad thing, at least I am healthy...or so I thought.

Last week I got this great idea to eat the healthiest I ever have in my entire life. Yup, I did. I have become somewhat of a gym rat and I decided that working out wasn't cutting the mustard (or the chocolate cake) so I decided to go "vegan."

Well, partly Vegan. You see, there is this great little change of eating called the "Alkaline change" and I (along with my momma) have been eating this way for a week now. And I feel GREAT!

Basically, this change of eating consists of cutting out gluten, dairy, and red meats. It was hard for the first few days, but I now feel 100% healthier and much better. I have more energy, I feel great, and my SKIN looks so amazing. Oh yeah, and my little gut has started to shrink. :)

For breakfast this morning I:
-juiced some carrots
-ate some eggs with garlic/onions and spinach leaves
-drank my 2 tsp. of organic apple-cider vinegar/water combo




For lunch:
-I made a stuffed gluten-free pita
-sprouts, tomatoes, avocados, lettuce, and grilled chicken

-1 apple
-3 rings of dried pineapple

Snacks:
-1 banana
-a baggie of granola/dried coconut combo
-dried apricots
-lots and LOTS of WATER!



I feel so HEALTHY! I am loving it!

1 comments:

Ashley Eliza said...

numm. smart water makes you smarter!