Recent Posts

Thursday, September 2, 2010

it's been a long night in salt lake city
















John mayer.
nuff said.

John came to West Valley City on August 31, 2010.
My first impression: what is this guy doing?!  John came out onto the stage and he was staggering, swaying, and slurring his speech a little bit.  Maybe he took his own advice from his song and did a little "red wine and ambien"...
ya think?

anyway, he came out and started the concert off with one of my FAVORITE songs, "Vultures"
as soon as the music started I was in a trance.  This truly was an incredible concert.  John is an amazing guitar player.  He had about 5 different guitars that he played on throughout the night!

He played some amazing songs:

{ Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay/Why Georgia? }
{ Slow Dancing In a Burning Room }
{ Gravity }
{ Edge of Desire }
{ Half of my Heart }
{ Perfectly Lonely }
{ St. Patricks Day }
{ Who Say? }
{ Vultures }
{ Can't Find My Way Home }
{ Heartbreak Warfare }
{ Do You Know Me}
{ Don't Stop Belivin' (Journey Cover) }


"Info-tainment": "I WANT NAMES"

This was one my favorite things!  John's advice for the evening..."just ask for names...there are no names"

I loved this concert!  It was amazing.  Next time John comes to town, I'm goin!

0 comments: