Have you ever had the chance to use Preach My Gospel with your personal scripture study? Or have you ever taken a Preach My Gospel Sunday school class? Well currently I am taking a Preach My Gospel Sunday school class and I have enjoyed it immensely!! I just thought I would share the lesson we had in class today!
We were assigned Lesson 4:The Commandments and were told to give an easy three minute lesson on OBEDIENCE. It kinda freaked me out to have to prepare in just a few minutes time, but I did my absolute best and I thought I would share my mini-lesson plan! :)
Obedience:
Keep in mind that we have a loving Heavenly Father who has given us commandments for our personal growth and benefit. In 2 Nephi 2:26-27, "26-And the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last day, according to the commandments which God hath given.
27-Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they aer free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself."
So why does God give us agency? Because He loves us and wants us to be free to choose for ourselves. Which is why when we choose to obey, we are choosing obedience to God. When we are obedient to the commandments the Lord has given us we are blessed with peace, comfort, and happiness. So what blessings come from being obedient? As I mentioned earlier, we are blessed with peace, happiness, and comfort. In John 4:15 God says, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." So we prove our love to God by keeping the commandments.
If we remember that God knows us individually we know that He is understanding of our trials, our needs and all that we go through on a daily basis. Having the knowledge that God knows us and loves us, and that he only wants the best for us then it makes it easier for us to have the desire to be better. To have the push to work harder and to be obedient to the commandments we have been given as children of God. :)
I love the church and the simplicity of the gospel. The church is true! If you haven't read preach my gospel, I would strongly suggest trying it out. I promise that you will have things come to light and you will be blessed to notice what God wants you to be aware of in your life.
Recent Posts





0 comments:
Post a Comment