"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art."
- La Rochefoucauld
So about a month ago, I was feeling down about my outward appearance... and I was feeling really tired all the time, even if I would sleep for 8-10 hours a night. Finally, I went to my doctor and asked to get a blood-sugar test done...I have been diagnosed in the past with hyper-insulimia (my body produces an excess of insulin...weird, I know!)
Well what all this boils down to, is that I am really supposed to be controlling my condition with diet and exercise (whoopsie...) So about a month ago I went cold turkey from all of my favorite things to eat (ie: the entire CARBOHYDRATE family and SUGARS)
I have been working out a lot as well and really watching what I am putting into my tummy - and it's paid off! I've lost 10 pounds and lots of inches! I went to Buckle on Saturday to buy a new pair of jeans - they were much needed, trust me! And to my surprise and delight, I had to buy a pair of jeans that were two sizes down from my "normal" size.
Now, I do not claim to be a health guru, or even a personal trainer/dietician...but hey, if anyone wants a workout buddy, or has any healthy recipies they'd be willing to share, please let me know!!
Keep working hard towards your own personal fitness goals, and if you don't have any fitness goals, start today! Your body will thank you!
"The wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings. Let food be your medicine." - Hippocrates
Recent Posts





1 comments:
you GO GIRL! you look fabo! lets start running up the canyon as well as weekly hiking adventures?! kapeesh?! xoxo
Post a Comment