ok, so I have a huge dilemma...
"The 1940s saw two distinctive styles in women's clothing. From the beginning of World War II in 1939 till the dawn of the New Look in 1947, women's dresses were knee-length and featured padded shoulders - one of the few adornments in clothing that was otherwise simple, thanks to wartime rationing. Sportswear became more common and women used a lot of ingenuity in mixing separates to make a wardrobe seem more diverse than it was. Homemade accessories and elaborate curls allowed women to show their flair without expense or waste. Hats, especially made from fabrics recycled from older pieces, went wild."
I have a murder mystery party to attend this week, and it's a 1940's theme.
What's a girl to wear?!
I thought of wearing something flirty like Marilyn Monroe's style...or even going for the classy look of Jackie O.
All I know is I've gotta get myself some cute little gloves to complete the outfit! I hope that it will come together and be great!
Any suggestions for me??
Recent Posts








1 comments:
Oh a murder mystery party sounds fun! I went to a 1940's party and lots of people wore gorgeous headbands with feathers or jewels, they looked really good.
Post a Comment