Recent Posts

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas



It's CHRISTMAS TIME!! I love this time of year!!
There are so many favorite things for me this time of year:
when the snow starts to fall outside, when I get a chance to snuggle up by the fire, drink hot chocolate and read a good book, decorate my house up and down with Christmas garlands and lights, shopping for the perfect gift for friends and family members, making gingerbread houses, christmas kiss cookies, sledding, making snow angels, staring at the christmas tree, temple square trips to see the lights, acting out the nativity scene on Christmas eve with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents, egg nog, Williams-Sonoma peppermint bark, apple cider, Christmas music, watching my favorite Christmas movies, cinnamon pinecones, listening to 'Last Christmas' by Wham over and over again, christmas light cookies, driving around town to look at everyone's lights, and spending time with loved ones.

I love this time of year - everyone seems to be so happy and in good spirits. It's also a reminder to all the world of a special birth - the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

"Born in a stable, cradled in a manger, He came forth from heaven to live on earth as mortal man and to establish the kingdom of God. During His earthly ministry, He taught men the higher law. His glorious gospel reshaped the thinking of the world. He blessed the sick. He caused the lame to walk, the blind to see, the deaf to hear. He even raised the dead to life. To us He has said, 'Come, follow me.'

As we seek Christ, as we find Him, as we follow Him, we shall have the Christmas spirit, not for one fleeting day each year, but as a companion always. We shall learn to forget ourselves. We shall turn our thoughts to the greater benefit of others" (Thomas S. Monson, "In Search of the Christmas Spirit," Ensign, Dec 1987, 3).


I really do love this time of year - and hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

YAY! I just CAN'T wait to be home! I just love all of those traditions and feelings felt!

Ashley Eliza said...

this post just made me so happy! Ash youre so wonderful! Im so glad were besties! xoxo

Jan said...

I love the pic of the SL temple. I borrowed it for my blog. Your blog is awesome. Love ya