I tend to get bored easily with the same old workout routine...
It's especially hard to keep up with workouts during the winter, due to all the hazardous ice that can hinder outdoor running...bah humbug!
I say it's time to get reacquainted with the gym or your at home fitness equipment!
I cannot take credit for the following (thanks active.com): I loved this idea for a new workout, and I am going to try it during my workout today!
Run to the Rhythm
Prepare a CD or tape or iPod playlist of your favorite workout songs first. You can adjust the suggested length by adding or removing music; the key is to pick songs with varied tempos. Then, while running on the treadmill, punch up or slow down the speed to match the song tempos you've recorded.
Kick off the mix with 10 minutes of easy listening, then insert a five minute interval at a medium pace. An optimal stride rate that minimizes stress and injury risk is one of about 180 footfalls per minute; use this as your guide for medium tempo.
Next, put five minutes of music at a fast tempo, followed by eight minutes at a medium tempo. Go fast again for eight minutes worth of music, and finish off the mix with 10 minutes of slower songs to cool down. You'll find the up-tempo numbers can help you sustain the faster programmed speeds. Total running time: 46:00.
It should make for an interesting workout - or just take songs on your iPod and run to their tempos, you tend to burn more calories when you switch up your runinng pace, as opposed to running for a half hour at 6.5 mph (my fave).
Recent Posts





2 comments:
You're amazing to keep on trucking with running. Awe inspiring infact
you go girl!!! you inspire me as well with your good workout skills. i really want to try this!
Post a Comment