Recent Posts

Thursday, June 4, 2009

be an example of the believers

be-lieve: –verb (used without object) 1. to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity" 1 Timothy 4:12

I have had the grand opportunity to be at EFY this week working as a counselor. What an experience it has been thus far! I have been able to witness the hand of the Lord in the lives of friends, teenagers, and also in myself. Its given me a new appreciation for the gospel, my testimony, my Savior, and the Plan of Salvation. (www.lds.org)

I have been able to make some great new friends, whom I love dearly, and I've also been able to witness the gospel change lives. How lucky am I! :)

The church is true...really, it is!!!

2 comments:

Catie said...

What a great thing! I bet you are an awesome counselor! I always appreciate your testimony :), I hope your EFY kids do too!

The Warner Family said...

Ashley,
You are AMAZING....
I know your EFY group loves you!
You truly are a daughter of God!
love ya,
Mom