I had a friend who taught me a great quote..."Good, better, best. Never let it rest, until the good is better, and the better is the best." (Neil A. Maxwell)
I've had a lot on my mind the past few days.
I've cried a lot.
I've thought a lot about my life.
I've pondered what I am doing in my life. Am I doing good? Am I being the best woman I can be?
I've lost a sweet great-grandmother this weekend. One of my friends also lost his brother this weekend. And with so much death and passing occuring around me, I've thought a lot about who I am. And I've also realized how much I take my life for granted.
Life is fragile. Life is so short. Life is so unpredictable. Life is hard. Life is not fair. Life is blissful. Life is depressing. Life is wonderful. Life is a gift. Life is a blessing. Life is sweet. Life is bitter. Life is life.
I am so grateful for my life, especially more-so as I've had a wake-up call to how fragile life really is. This past weekend was spent in reflection on what I can be doing to be a better woman. I have a huge list to work on, but I just know that no matter what happens in this life, that I am blessed. I have been given so much. I have been surrounded by nothing but wonderful things. I have an INCREDIBLE family. My parents are the GREATEST people in the entire world. I love my father. I love my mother. I am so blessed to be their child. Without them, my world would be empty. I have the best siblings. I have the best friends. I have the best grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I am so blessed.
SO BLESSED.
I am also so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I just wanted to express how much peace I feel as I strive to surround myself with light. With things that bring me peace. I am so blessed to have my faith, my religion, my scriptures, my beliefs and standards.
I know I am rambling on, but it makes me feel better to get my feelings down. And typing it all just allows my thoughts and feelings to flow so much better.
Life is good. Like the John Mayer song says,
"Pain throws your heart to the ground. Love turns the whole thing around. No it won't all go the way, it should, but I know the HEART OF LIFE IS GOOD"
Life is good. Make each day count. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery. Today a gift, that is why it's called the present"
Recent Posts





1 comments:
Great post. I admire that in the middle of your loss, you are able to project such positivity and an optimistic outlook. It was just what I needed to read tonight. p.s. I also enjoy that John Mayer song as well. :D
Post a Comment