Recent Posts

Monday, December 5, 2011

God said "no"

I asked God to take away my pride,
And God said, “No.”
He said it was not for Him to take away
but for me to give up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole,
And God said, “No.”
He said her spirit is whole,
her body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience,
And God said, “No.”
He said that patience is a by-product of tribulation,
it isn't granted, it's earned.

I asked God to give me happiness,
And God said, “No.”
He said he gives blessings,
happiness is up to me.

I asked God to spare me pain,
And God said, “No.”
He said, “Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
and brings you closer to Me.”

I asked God to make my spirit grow,
And God said, “No.”
He said I must grow on my own,
but he will prune me to make me fruitful.

I asked God if He loves me,
And God said, “Yes.”
He gave me His only Son who died for me
and I will be in Heaven someday because I believe.

I asked God to help me love others,
as much as He loves me,
and God said,
“Ah, finally, you have the Idea.”

                   -Claudia Minden Weisz



i heard this poem from a friend in church.
it was too lovely not to re-post.

i hope you had a lovely weekend my dears!

HAPPY MONDAY!

7 comments:

... said...

Love this poem! :) So glad your friend shared it with you! :)

Alyx said...

Wow - that's a pretty amazing poem! Thanks so much for sharing!

Katie said...

Just like everyone else, LOVE it! :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love it! Thank you for sharing girl! Xo.

Suz said...

I love this! Think it might just make it into my December Joy Album. :)
Hugs,
Suz

Suz said...

Ashley, Thought I'd let you know I googled this poem and the author appears to be Claudia Minden Weisz. Just thought I'd help you give credit where credit is due. :)
Hugs,
Suz

Shay said...

Wow, so powerful. Thanks for posting it!