my week has been a rollercoster thus far...
sometimes dating really blows my mind with how wonderful it is, but in a second it turns around and leaves you laying in the mud with you face down.
i had been on several dates with this gentleman and i had started to enjoy being with him more and more and more.
all of a sudden one day he did a complete 180 and decided he didn't want to see me anymore.
no one likes to hear that.
it hurt.
it hurt so bad that i cried myself to sleep tuesday night and woke up on wednesday with puffy eyes.
i looked like i had been hit with a truck. seriously.
but i woke up on wednesday with an enlightened mind.
dating may suck, but i am not going to let it bring me down.
life is too short to let things like that rule me or make me feel bad about myself.
funny how life works, huh?
i feel like a broken record when i say this, because i am sure if you scroll backwards in my blog, you'll have read this story a time or two....
but i am not ashamed. this is my life. it may not be picture perfect, i may not be the woman who cooks perfect "pinterest" worthy meals every night, i am not a size 2, nor will I ever be....but I am happy with my lot in life.
life is good to me.
i love this song.
music is my therapy.
as is retail.
but as of late, i have realized i'm a poor college student so i cannot use retail as a means to buy my happiness.
i have been listening to a lot of feel good music, eating healthier, working out, and surrounding myself with positivity.
how do you alleviate negativity in YOUR life?!
Recent Posts





13 comments:
Love your blog! New follower!
Follow me back?
Come link up today over at my blog!
I'm sorry about how things turned out with that guy. Dating has some amazing moments and some that just make you feel like someone is kicking your heart around in the dirt. I think it's awesome that you're surrounding yourself with positivity. In my life, I alleviate negativity by venting about whatever it is I'm upset about, and then praying about it and trying to let go. Although happy-sounding music certainly doesn't hurt.
that sucks. I hated dating. espcially in Happy Valley. And I totally had a dude do the same thing to me once. and i kid you not, two days later he was in a FB relationship with my ROOMMATE! I about died.
I always try to think of those worse off than me, because there ALWAYS is. It won't be easy while Derek is gone for a couple months on rotations, but at least he's not deployed in Afghanistan!
I know exactly how you're feeling right now. It's so crappy and it hurts. To make me feel better, I drink about 100 glasses of peach ice tea and watch Doctor Who on repeat haha x
Too be frank, if you find a good tip, please pass it on to me! Big Hug!
youre really such a great example of staying positive through hard things. its great. thank you.
Good job girl :) way to be positive! And I'm sorry you have to go through that. I think all girls do at some point or another but I wouldn't wish it on any one! It hurts!!! Hope things move forward better :)
You did a good job. Staying positive and seeing good things in life is so important. I always try to see good things especially when life suckss and is hard like right now (in my case). Be brave and always keep your head up . Hugs from germany
Love it! Don't let these menfolk get you down...I am too working through some heartache and really, sometimes as much as it hurts, I feel like I am the one who got to dodge a bullet with these guys who can't figure out what they want or who they are. Who knows what his story really was or is...
Keep your head up...the right guy is out there somewhere.
:)
~ Lo
Nice post and writing.
aw friend, I am sorry to hear that, but I love your attitude. You are going to be a-ok!
Just found your blog and it's lovely :) Don't worry about men you'll meet your Mr Right :) Keep smiling xo
http://sleeplesswithsienna.blogspot.com
Post a Comment