the life of a pretend narcissist.
do you ever think that you spend too much time online?
checking your facebook, email, twitter, IG, blog, etsy, pinterest.
i have been feeling like that lately. and i've come to a conclusion.
we ALL are narcissists
nar·cis·sist [nahr-suh-sist]
noun
1.
a person who is overly self-involved, and often vain and selfish.
who agrees with me?
am i the only one who has realized this.
i think technology is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but i also think we all suffer from this.
do you really care what i am doing with my time?
do you really care what your "blog friend" is posting on IG?
does it make you depressed to go on pinterest to see gorgeous things you'll either
never be able to afford or be able to pull off?
studies have shown that people are the happiest in the morning - not in the mid-morning after they've checked
all the blogs, looked at photos on IG/facebook, and looked at pinterest.
the reality of it all is, at the end of the day - how are you spending your time?
are you making man-kind better by sitting on your booty reading blogs all day?
what are your thoughts on this ladies?
Recent Posts





7 comments:
I totally agree. This is why I took my followers off my blog and have a private IG and once a little bebe comes along, the blog will also go private. The only reason I blog is to keep a journal of our life. The blogs with daily posts, which most of the time are really whiny, are just not for me.
AGREE!! I've thought about deleted my blog several time because of it. But I do like that it helps document my personal history. whenever I post, I specifically try to write for family and close friends. I don't seek out followers. I find that kind of weird. I don't want total strangers reading about my life.
Wow, that's so interesting that most people are happiest in the morning. To wake up I usually check facebook and instagram in bed. Looks like I need a new routine!
Yes I think about that myself sometimes. That's why I really just follow blogs of people I truly enjoy and don't worry about followers etc anymore. It's the relationships that are worthwhile, not all the other crud. My husband and I also make sure we have technology-free time in our home. It's sad we have to do that, but it's been great. Now that the baby's here, though, we haven't had to do that- it's just happened haha
totally agree! i catch myself checking my phone whenever i have a free second or i'm in line...or bored...or whatever. so annoying, i actually deleted facebook from my phone because it was becoming to obsessive! love ya ash!
I wonder sometimes if people (including myself) at the end of their life will wonder why they spent so much time on the phone/in front of the computer. Thanks for the reminder pretty girl!
this is SO true, nice post!
Erica xx
www.ericabelliocreations.blogspot.com
Post a Comment