All of the family had been sitting with him the entire day.
I got the chance to hold my grandpa's hand while he was sleeping peacefully in his hospital bed.
It was a tender moment and I am so thankful I was there with him.
Yesterday I spent the day up in Layton with my grandma and my aunts.
We helped Grandma plan the funeral yesterday.I never knew how much effort and work (and talk about MONEY) goes into
planning a funeral. We started off the morning by helping grandma write the obituary.
Next we planned the funeral service.
Then off to the mortuary we went.
We discussed all of the plans from the coffin (which grandpa had already bought and paid for)
to the program, to the flowers.
It was another tough day, but I think it's finally starting to sink in more and more.
My grandma asked ME if I would speak at the funeral service.
I have NEVER spoken at a funeral before and I am slightly nervous about it.
I hope I can make grandpa proud by what I say.
Have you ever spoken at a funeral? Any suggestions?!






6 comments:
I remember when my grandpa died. It was hard, just remember to speak from your heart.
cute blog. love it.
come follow me to see what im wearing every wednesday.
xoxo
www.allymullin.blogspot.com
I'm so sorry for your loss, but I know and you know that you will see him again someday.
I can tell that you love your grandpa very much, so I know that you will let your heart and the Spirit guide you and your talk will be a lovely reflection of what you felt for your grandpa.
It's hard to lose a grandparent! You'll all be in my prayers.
Just speak from your heart and you grandpa will be proud! Don't be afraid to show emotion either. I am sorry for your loss ash.
i've never had to speak at a funeral but i am sure you will do great. just speak from your heart :) xoxo
ASHLEY! HIIIII! How are you lovely?!?!? So glad I found you on here! Totally following yoU! Sorry about your grandpa-- just reember all the great things he's done in his life and special memories that will touch your life forever!
www.derekandbeccasmith.blogspot.com
I am SO sorry lady! My great aunt passed away this past year. It was so sad. Girl just speak from the heart!! I am sure no matter what you will make him proud :)
Post a Comment