Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Nickel Diner

When you're on vacation (or business) it's always fun to venture into the city and find the finest dining establishments the city offers...right?

One of our clients suggested we go here: the nickel diner
I wasn't expecting much.
I wasn't even that hungry...but alas, we ventured off and tried this diner.

Our cab pulled up to this really shady part of town, eeek!
I thought I was going to get shot (no, seriously)
this place was a DUMP in the middle of a bad part of LA

well, the wait was about 20 minutes, so we stood outside as by passers gave us nasty looks of hate and disgust!  One even winked at my momma...he probably wanted her wedding ring off her dead finger...

Enough of this, you get the idea of how scary it was...right?

So as we were waiting I walked up to the window and saw this:



what the beep!  what is this ish?!  this is an "employee of the month" with her peep necklace. cute, eh?

this is what I got to drink:

(sorry for the bad photo - its from my cell)

yummy.


this is what dessert looked like:

***red velvet cake with chocolate malt balls

peanut and salt cake (peanut butter/chocolate/ lays potato chips)

homemade ding dong cupcakes


Don't worry, the 5 of us shared all of these desserts...but ***I may or may not have eaten most of the red velvet.  It was to DIE for.

If you're ever in L.A., check out the Nickel Diner

oh, and did I mention it was featured on
The Food Networks: Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives
check out the episode here


5 comments:

Shay said...

That look so delicious- did you know they have a red velvet cheesecake blast at Sonic now! You guys have Sonic, right?! You look so cute in that picture down there-love the outfit!

Michelle said...

mmmm deserts :) and start thinking, b/c I'm tagging you!

Kaleena J. said...

WTF is that head? I wish you saved me a piece of your dessert. Red velvet cake is my fave.

Hannah said...

I am so loving looking at that red velvet cake! And your blog, too :) I just stumbled upon it, and am a new follower :)

Amy Z. said...

those shady little whole in the walls always turn out to be the best places! And I am drooling now b/c those desserts look soo good.