Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

sharu sharu

yup, sharu sharu.
the owner told us it means 'shave shave' in Japanese...interesting, eh?
Ryun took me to this awesome restaurant last weekend.

Basically they bring out this propane stove and set the bowl/dish thingy on top of the flame.  The bowl part of the dish is filled with broth and then around the bowl are different items you can cook: scallions, noodles, red peppers, cabbage, tofu, shrimp, beef, sprouts, onions, raddish's, and oysters.

I'm not a huge seafood fan, but I actually ate a scallion and one shrimp.
My favorite part was the red chili sauce with the tofu and noodles.
oh, and the company wasn't too bad either! :)

Do you like to eat seafood reader?

2 comments:

Shay said...

So, when do we get to see a picture of this Ryun? Because I am waiting...patiently;-)

ashley.warner said...

don't worry Shay, I'll take some photos this weekend :)

ps. thanks for the card. It came in the mail yesterday. you are just sweet as a button!