Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

prison talk 101

you heard me.  it's prison talk 101 with miss ashley.
ok, not really.  I've never been to prison, never been close to being convicted of any serious crimes (speeding does NOT count as a felony...last time I checked)

I have been seen lounging around my home the past few evenings obsessing over prison shows and movies.
About two summers ago I really got into this show:



Prison Break.

this show is very addicting.  I love it completely.
I was addicted to this show and had frequent panic
attacks (true story) because I thought I was being followed or
people around me were doing shady business.


I think this is where my "love" for prison started.  (that sounds so bizarre and wrong to admit)


I have always wanted to see The Shawshank Redemption

I've heard nothing but WONDERFUL things about this show and how moving it is, inspirational, authentic, etc.  Well, I finally decided to put it on my Netflix queue.  It came in the mail the other night and I watched this movie (pay no heed that it's almost a 3 hour movie)
I popped this bad boy into my CLEARPLAY dvd player and away I went
(there was no nudity, profanity, vulgarity, or violence mind you!)

My life benefited from watching this movie.
I cannot do it justice by 'reviewing' it here on my blog.
But let me tell you, it was focused around HOPE and having HOPE in everything.
having HOPE in the goodness of humanity and that things happen for a reason.

I give this movie TWO THUMBS UP

now, watching this movie leads me into my newest OBSESSION



"It Takes A Con To Catch A Con"
is the slogan of the newest show on A&E

I am in love with this show.  It has great stories and fantastic characters.
If you enjoyed Prison Break, you will LOVE BREAKOUT KINGS


It's as simple as that.
Oh, and guess what?

remember this guy (from Prison Break)
he's a guest star on the show.

I'm not even gonna tell you what the dealio is, but once a bad guy, always a bad guy.

You'll just have to hulu this show or something. 

It's THAT GOOD

3 comments:

Jo said...

Loooooooove Prison Break (first 2 seasons anyway) and when we heard Breakout Kings was made by the Prison Break people we had to watch, and of course freaked out (with joy) at the episode of TBag!! I love him...I mean I hate him and he's nasty...but I love his character..ya know? Glad someone shares a love for prison stories. Sometimes I worry that I'm being creepy ahah.

Cat said...

The Shawshank Redemption is an amazingly powerful movie...so glad you had the chance to watch it. Hubs and I own this one...it is that good :)

Becky Green said...

I love Prison Break!! So I'll have to check out this other show. :)