Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

empty.



have you ever felt empty before?
no, i don't mean like an empty tummy...
i mean, just empty.
like there's nothing inside of you.
like something went and ripped everything out of you?

that's how i'm feeling today.
what a difference a day makes, right?
i feel like i am all alone right now.
i am rambling on here in hopes that perhaps me rambling will make me feel better.
this is like word vomit right now.
oh speaking of that, i've had the flu since i've been back from chicago. (no bueno)

i feel hurt. lost. alone. afraid. happy. anxious. excited. nervous. scared.
i feel like being a young single lady has its ups and downs.
i feel like i am running against the wind and am not moving hardly at all.
but i am moving.
slowly.  ever so slowly.

i had a really good chat with my Heavenly Father last night. and guess what?
everything is going to be ok.
no matter what life throws at me.
i know that God is there to listen to me.  to hear me complain.
i know that God sends angels to us at different times in our lives.
i know that i am where i'm supposed to be.
i am so hollow inside right now, but i trust and know that God will take care of me.

i know that i am important to God, and for me, that's good enough.
i am far from perfect.
i am selfish and sometimes unkind.
i am proud and like to be right.
i like to have control of my life.
but God has different plans for me.
i know He is trying to let me grow, but He has his way of teaching me.
i need to be more humble.
more patient.
more kind.
more loving.
i've got a lot to work on.


sometimes i feel like singing "jesus take the wheel" because "i can't do this on my own"
i feel like i've had a spiritual re-awakening. (i need these every few months, dontcha know?)
even though i feel like i'm losing one of my dearest friends, i know God will take care of the details.
i know that i met my dear friend for a reason.
i am not upset or angry about what happened between us.
i am a better woman for having known you.
God is aware of me.  aware of you. aware of every little concern we have.
life is but a short moment and i needed to remember to not lose sight of things i want most.
to not let myself become so selfish.
to not let go of my dreams.

i know this is a lot of word vomit, but i feel better.
i don't even care if you read this, blog friend.
i just feel better knowing that i got my feelings out.

12 comments:

Shay said...

Oh Ash. It is times like these that I wish we were friends in real life so I could hug you and we could go eat icecream. You have a wonderful perspective- sometimes the only place left to go is to your knees.

Gentri said...

Ashley!! I am SO sorry! I know exactly how you feel. :( I PRAY that things will turn up for you soon! You have my email and facebook if you need to talk. :)

Anonymous said...

Ashley. Tomorrow is a new day. Do something that makes you happy and go hug a friend. Wish I was there to spread a little sunshine. Feel better!!!!

AllyValdez said...

hey ash! hope you're having a better day!

xoxo
ally

Stacylyn said...

Keep your chin up!! You're right. Everything will work out. It's always hard when you're in the middle of it. :)

Alexis Kaye said...

awh. My heart hurts for you. I know it's hard to hear my opinion, since it seems like I am not dealing with this, but I have. Finding my husband took a lot of prayer and hard work. I don't know why things haven't worked out for you yet, but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for you and that EVERYTHING will work together for your good. Even this hard time. It's normal to feel sad and empty at times. I don't know what you've been through, but I know seeing a therapist has really helped me and made it possible for me to move on so that I could be the kind of person that deserved my husband. I learned a lot of very difficult lessons. Feel free to chat with me any time you need an ear :) I love you and I think you're beautiful! that ain't no lie!

Alexis Kaye said...

awh. My heart hurts for you. I know it's hard to hear my opinion, since it seems like I am not dealing with this, but I have. Finding my husband took a lot of prayer and hard work. I don't know why things haven't worked out for you yet, but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for you and that EVERYTHING will work together for your good. Even this hard time. It's normal to feel sad and empty at times. I don't know what you've been through, but I know seeing a therapist has really helped me and made it possible for me to move on so that I could be the kind of person that deserved my husband. I learned a lot of very difficult lessons. Feel free to chat with me any time you need an ear :) I love you and I think you're beautiful! that ain't no lie!

katilda said...

i appreciate you posting this -- i posted something similar on my blog today! those chats with Heavenly Father can be a life saver, can't they...

Catie said...

Thank you for posting this!! I've felt this way so many times before. You managed to identify every feeling that you were feeling and sometimes that's hard to do. I love hearing your perspective because I often feel the same way you do. You have so much strength in your reserves. I admire your courage and desire to push forward, we don't always get that.

Suze said...

I know. I'm sorry. You are such a faithful woman to trust your Father in Heaven when feeling such hard feelings and going through something difficult. You are strong! I will pray for you and with you too. I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. Let me know how I can help you if there's anything I can do. Just know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you too. Keep the faith, sister. You're so strong, faithful, and amazing!

PS- Times like this remind me of Neal A. Maxwell and his wise words: Faith in God includes faith in his timing. Sounds like you've got that down. You're awesome and a great example of faith!

Suz said...

Ashley,
Sometimes God throws us curve balls in life to help us round third base to what is really "Home." (I just made that up btw, but I think you get its meaning). Hugs to you. God will bless your broken road and lead you to the man you are meant to be with. Patience my friend.
Prayers of comfort, strength and love,
Suz

Lita said...

Aww Ashley, I just had to comment because this post hit me hard. I do not know you, but I just had to say that I can feel that you have a lot of faith and love for Heavenly Father. I think that it is very mature that in spite of your pain, you still recognize that he loves you and has a plan for you. I send my prayers and love your way. I am new to you blog and I think it is as amazing as you are :)