Recent Posts

Thursday, March 10, 2011

{sting}

"Sting, is an English musician, singer-songwriter, activist, actor and philanthropist. Prior to starting his solo career, he was the principal songwriter, lead singer and bassist of the rock band The Police."





Can I just tell you how much I adore this man.

He is a musical genius.
I love his music.

I've been working a lot of 12 hour days the past two weeks and this man has become my best friend, I mean, hello...he's been singing to me non-stop.
My boss came in yesterday and said, "Wow!  Another Sting day, really?"

He's just that good people.  Have you ever really taken the time to listen to his music?
It's like a musical heaven.

He first was with the rock band called The Police.
They had some great hits.

Roxanne
Can't Stand Losing You
Every Breath You Take
Message In a Bottle
Russians

Don't Stand So Close to Me (*personal fave*)


then Sting broke away and began writing his own music.

Shape of My Heart
Desert Rose
Fragile

They Dance Alone
All This Time
Be Still My Beating Heart
Fortress Around Your Heart
Mad About You
If I Ever Lose My Faith In You
When We Dance

Shape of My Heart
Englishman In New York
Fields of Gold


Have you ever heard of Sting?
Do you have a favorite Sting song?

I love him. 
He's a musical GENIUS





3 comments:

lindsay said...

hey lady...wowza 12 hour days...i think we have something in common ♥ for some reason i think going part time at my current full time job will result in many more designing hours :)

my music of choice tends to be the guitar boys...dave matthews band, jason mraz, john mayer, jack johnson...i think i will need to give sting a try too :) xoxo

Stacylyn said...

Stalker confession:

Hi Ashley- I found your blog through Jo and Ashley's blogs. hope that's not creepy. :)

I LOVE STING & the Police TOO!! I listen to them at work ALL THE TIME. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Emily said...

So I've been blogstalking for quite some time now, and I have never commented before.

Until now.

Oh my I love this man. Mostly I'm a Police fan. I *love* "Don't Stand So Close To Me" but only the '86. I think it's because it is the one I heard first.
I just love it.
Also love when John Mayer pulls out "It's a big enough umbrella but it's always her that ends up getting wet."
L-U-V.
That is all.