Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

becoming domestic. part 1







1 - easy peasy...went shopping (in my CLOSET) and found some gems.  getting ready for the day is fun again
2 - tastee zuccini
3 - a fabulous (gluten free) meal i made last eve


moving into the condo has opened my eyes to a whole new world.  don't get me wrong, i loved being at home with mi familia, but there is something so...refreshing about being on my own again.  i have this need to create again.  i've awoken something inside of me that has been sleeping for the past little while.
last night i came home and tried a new meal.  it's so much easier to cook for more than one person, so i baked a delish meal for the roomie and i.
i saw this zuccini on pinterest and decided to give it a go.

2 large (fresh) zuccini
1/2 stick of softened butter
garlic salt
grated mozzarella cheese

basically, i washed the zuccini, cut it up, into thick slices and laid it on a cookie sheet.
i then took the softened butter and mixed in some garlic salt (i like LOVE garlic fyi)
then you spread the butter mixture onto the zuccini

place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake on 350 for about 15-20 minutes.
remove the cookie sheet from the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top
place the cookie sheet back into the oven (set oven to BROIL) for about 5-10 minutes
and voila!  you have a tasty (and mildly healthy) veggie to go with your pasta.


brace yourselves, i am going to be doing a whole lot more baking these days, now that I'm domestic and all.... (yeah right...)

5 comments:

Gentri said...

I love it. :) I'm much more domestic when I'm on my own (that includes living in my parents house alone since they live in AZ at the moment).

jessica said...

OMG that zucchini looks super yummy! And I totally understand what you mean about your creativity. We're currently shacking up w/my parents to save money and needless to say, I am feeling blah lately. We need to be on our own again!! :p

Alexis Kaye said...

YUM! Imma hafta try that zucchini! looks delish!

Lita said...

Go you! That looks so freakin good! :)

Lita said...

Go you! That looks so freakin good! :)