for those of my blog friends who don't know, I'm a Mormon.
I consider myself a devoted member to my religion.
Christmas time is a wonderful time of the year for some soul-searching, I feel.
Today was a wonderful Sabbath day.
I was able to attend church and listen to the beautiful hymns and the Christmas carols.
made me feel the peace and comfort and joy of the true meaning of Christmas.
then I had a great experience tonight (i don't relate this story for self-promotion**) but I thought it was a wonderful experience, and I wanted to share it so I don't forget what I felt tonight.
my family has been able to collect money, food, and gifts for less-fortunate families throughout the month of December through my dad's church service.
anywho...we were able to deliver the 'secret santa' gifts tonight to a sweet mom and her family.
as i walked up the stairs and into this lady's apartment i could just feel a spirit about her.
she was so grateful.
little English.
and so sweet.
their apartment was pretty bare, no Christmas tree, but there were some dirty stockings on the wall. i also noticed a picture of Christ on their bare walls.
as i spoke with her, i sensed her gratitude. but it wasn't for me. she said (in Spanish) that the only reason she was going to be able to see the happiness on her children's faces Christmas morning was through a prayer answered by God.
I know that there are angels among us. It is usually through another person that God meets our needs, whether they be spiritual, physical, or mental needs.
what a blessing it is to serve others.
tonight I've made up my mind that i want to serve others more and more.
there is a certain feeling i get when i help others. and i want to feel it all the time.
i hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and remembers and embraces the true meaning of the season.
Christ, our Savior and elder brother, is the reason for the season. We celebrate His birth, His Life, and His death. Everything in this life is possible through Him. We are able to repent, to change our lives, and become closer to God through our Savior. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have of the gospel.
Merry Christmas sweet blog friends.
take care of yourself and remember to serve others.
"God Bless Us, Everyone"









3 comments:
Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog and ESPECIALLY for writing this. Their really is no better thing than the feeling you get after having some part in changing someones life for the better- good for your family for doing that. Merry Christmas!
How neat ash! I am so glad you got to do this- i always thought that would be an amazing experience. so touching. I love that they had a picture of Christ on our wall. Sometimes we get so carried away in everything we really need to focus on what it is really about.
xoxo
bffe.
great reminder... Merry Christmas to you as well!
Post a Comment