Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

like two peas in a pod

Today's "girl power" post comes from the lovely Lindsay from one of my favorite blogs of all time scenic glory - let your spirit take flight
if you get a minute, please flutter on over to her darling blog.  she is one inspirational lady!










Dear Mom,


I wanted to take the time to thank you for being the amazing person that you are. I could not have asked for a better mother, friend and role model. Every day I am grateful for our relationship...it is truly the most beautiful thing I could have ever asked for.

I have vivid memories of my childhood. I can remember how hard it was for you to raise me as a single working parent. Many nights were spent in the hospital because of my asthma, but I could always count on you to be by my side. Although these times were tough on both of us we were always smiling, always laughing and above all we knew we had each other...even then I knew that this was all that mattered.

Every day you encouraged me to reach new heights and to be something great. Even when I announced during my preschool graduation that when I grew up I wanted to "be a rock star like Madonna and live in a town-house in Chicago" you stood behind me (laughing your butt off) and told me I could be whatever I wanted to be...I always knew that I had your support and for that I will forever be grateful.

Looking back I see just how lucky I was...no mountain was ever too high for you. When others might have just given up, you stood by me pushing through every obstacle with all of your strength. I thank you from the buttom of my heart for all of your dedication.

I stand here today a strong woman full of dreams, love, hope, strength and everything in between. Because of you I have these opportunities...because of you I am me. Today I look back to the past and look ahead to the future knowing that with each other we can conquer anything. With you by my side anything is possible...we will always be like two peas in a pod.


Love forever and always,

Lindsay

7 comments:

Shay said...

LOVE the girl power idea,Ashley and LOVE this post, Lindsay! Your mom sounds like a pretty terrific person, which stands to reason as you are her daughter:-)

lindsay said...

oh ashley thank you so much for this awesome feature...i absolutely love everything about it. learning about shalyn's sisters and seeing this letter to my mom...so much girl power!! love it :)

thank you also for your kind words...you are simply the best. xoxo

Amanda Moury said...

Ashley, this is SUCH an inspiring post, in fact, I think I'll write one to my own mom :) We forget sometimes how fortunate we are to have moms in our lives :)

PS Glad to be your newest follower <3

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

This is SUCH an amazing post !

Grace said...

such a lovely post and what a great idea. :)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

This is such a wonderful idea Ashley!

& such a wonderful post Lindsay!!

I love this so much! So touching and lovely!

Trina M Curran said...

Such a great idea! And Miss Lindsay is the sweetest ever. :) You look so young in that picture!