Recent Posts

Thursday, December 30, 2010

"secretly my best friend, all along"

Today's "girl power" post comes from the adorable Joni from the little beachs.
after you read her post, check out her fun blog!






"I never knew about sisters growing up I grew up with 5 older brothers.  I had toy cars, bikes, and sling shots.  I did once get a doll and I ended up painting it blue and burned off her hair...I guess you could call me a tom boy.  I went through life loving every minute of it and not caring that all my friends were guys and that I would rather blow up things than shop at a mall.

-It was not till one day - the day I got married.

That day was the best day of my life, I married my best friend but little did I know I got 2 best friends that day.  I had always been close to my mother and I have looked up to her and loved her from day one, but the day I got married I gained a new respect for this amazing woman in my life.  it was like something clicked in my head and I saw her as more than "just a mom" I might have never had sisters or many girl friends, but I have the jack pot of mothers.  Now that I am married and a mom, I go to her for everything.  I trust her with every situation and hang on her every idea.  Little did I know I had the best girlfriend any girl could dream of right next to me my whole life.  I am grateful for my mom and the amazing example she has been to me throughout my life.  She has touched so many lives but I think she has touched mine more than anyone's.  My mother has secretly been my best friend all along."

0 comments: