I wonder why I cannot sleep tonight, I wonder if you're doing alright. If you're laying peacefully asleep in your hospital bed, or if you lay awake in pain. Tonight I've wondered if our Heavenly Father has come to take you home with Him.
I worry about you, and want you to be ok. I don't want you to be in pain. At Christmas you seemed to be in so much pain. Life's littlest tasks seemed to be too much for you.
Grandpa, you've fought a good fight. You've lived a very abundant life. You've raised a wonderful family. You've served others throughout your life. But in my eyes, you've been a disciple of Jesus Christ. You and grandma Nancy were able to serve a mission. I'm absolutely positive you were able to bless the lives of many in Florida where you served.
Grandpa, I want to thank you for always making me feel special. You always ask me how I am doing. Always wanted to know how school was going. Always asked if I was dating someone. You always asked how I was doing. And in your own quiet and special way, you'd let me know how proud you were of me.
Grandpa, thank you for always loving me. I thank you for your testimony as well. For the birthday lunches, and for always being consistent.
I remember the time you and grandma took me to lunch one fall day. I was on my way to Provo from school in Idaho and we went to lunch. You drilled me on school, church callings, friends and boys. I remember getting in my car after the nice lunch and hearing a song on the radio. I'm already an emotional person, but this song made me cry.
"My Wish"
I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow
And each road leads you where you want to go
And if you're faced with the choice and you have to choose
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you
And if one door opens to another door closed
I hope you keep on walkin' til you find the window
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile
But more than anything, more than anything
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish
I hope you never look back but you never forget
All the ones who love you and the place you left
I hope you always forgive and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get
Oh, you'd find God's grace in every mistake
And always give more than you take
But more than anything, yeah more than anything
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish, yeah yeah
I love you Grandpa more than you'll know.
I hope when your time on this earth ends, Heavenly Father will bless you with His spirit. What a wonderful reunion you'll have waiting for you. Grandma Eloise, your parents, friends gone on before, many loving arms to welcome you home.
I love you grandpa.
Thank you for everything.
I respect, admire, and look up to you.
All of my love.
Ashley





4 comments:
This is lovely. I'm not very good at blogging about feelings, but I lost my sweet grandpa a few months ago, and this reminds me so much of him.
Thanks, Ash. Love you.
Aw Ashley, what a sweet post. So sorry your Grandpa is going through a hard time. Arent we so lucky to know we have eternity with our families? I am so excited.
Ashley this brought tears to my eyes, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa, I will be praying for you and your family. *hugs*
Awh! :( So sweet! I'm going through something similar with my uncle. How lucky are you to have shared such a great relationship with your grandpa! How about let's have a pity party together! haha!
Post a Comment