"de-activate your facebook account"
I realize how difficult it is going to be for me, I love facebook.
yet, I also realize how WONDERFUL it is going to be.
I dare-say I spend anywhere around 5 hours a WEEK on facebook.
doing what?
looking at peoples photos? their status updates?
don't get me wrong, facebook is a wonderful way to keep in touch with friends.
It's also a great way to see what's going on in people's lives.
but I am sick of it. I need a change.
think of all the good I could accomplish for myself with those 5 extra hours a week!
I have some new goals to accomplish during my facebook fast
* workout for 1 hr daily (i bought a NEW upright exercise bike)
* re-read the Book of Mormon by my birthday in March
* start training for the half marathon I would like to run this summer
* spend more time with those I love
* spend more time on my church calling
* be frugal and continue to live within my budget
* be frugal and continue to live within my budget
* read at least 2 new books I've never read before
* spend more time in the LDS temples
* become a better version of me
* finish up my dental internship
I am hoping that my facebook fast will last me until my 23rd birthday (eeek, did I just say 23rd birthday?! yikes, I am starting to get old!)
56 days to go my dears.
In the meantime, does anyone have suggestions for a good read?
I'd love to hear what you suggest!
Happy Happy Happy Monday my dears!
I hope you make this day the BEST DAY EVER.
"true success in this life comes in consecrating
our lives - that is, our time and choices - to God's purposes"





11 comments:
Good for you, girl! If you don't end up deactivating your account, though- lets be friends:-) You have great goals- I will be 23 in March as well, eek! And good books? I am assuming you have read Hunger Games, right? If not, do so now. The next one on my list that I hear is excellent is Water for Elephants- you should read that!
Go Ash! I've been wanting to deactivate my account...
One of my favorite reads is called "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society." Weird title, I know. And it kind of starts off slow. But once you get into it, you'll fall in love! Everyone I know that has read it has loved it. It's a very sweet book. And I have it, so if you want to borrow it, let me know.
I deactivated my account a few months ago, but recently reactivated it to promote my business, and can I please tell you it is so much better to not have that time wasting temptation right at your fingertips. Just reading this makes me want to deactivate again!
Read either The Conrinuous Aronement by Brad Wilcox or How to Win Friends and Influence People. I'm reading both... slowly haha ;)
Think of it this way, you will be rockin' and stylin' for another whole year. Birthdays should be a celebration of how long we have been awesome on this earth. I think you're fabulous and honestly, I'm subscribed to your blog so I can still keep up with you, whether you have Fb or not. :D Loves.
I love this! good luck! sounds almost as hard as going two weeks without Dr. Pepper! das wussup! ;) keep me updated with how it goes!!
Gah. It's soo nice when I take breaks from Facebook. Like if I go on vacation or something, I don't even miss it. I think I might get rid of mine...
That's awesome! I don't know if I could go that long without Facebook... I have thought about giving it up a few times but always decide against it... let me know how your journey goes!
Have you read The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers? Her book "Redeeming Love" is one of my absolute favorites, and this series is really good as well!
oh my yep. i definitely need to find the guts to delete mine too. i spend waaaay too much time on the ever addicting world of fb. if you haven't already read The Book Thief i highly suggest it. one of my absolute favorites!
I think about doing this alot, but have never actually followed through! Good for you!!
awesome goals! I always toy with the idea of getting rid of my facebook account because I spend too much time on there! I hope it goes well!
Post a Comment