Recent Posts

Thursday, January 20, 2011

{help}

I need some HELP
If you're thinking, "um, yeah you need a lot more than that girlfriend" then please...keep reading! ha

I am in charge of planning an activity for some singles in my area and I thought of none other than

SPEED DATING

I mean, come on, how fun could that potentially be?!  I am wondering if any of my bloglies have some advice.

Have you ever gone speed dating?
What was something awesome that happened?
What did you LOVE about the experience?
What did you HATE?
What would you recommend to a beginner?
What do you think would work best?

Please, I am in dire straits here...
This activity is going to be somewhere in February, hello, the month of LOVE, duh!



So,
don't be shy,
help a blog sistah out!

5 comments:

Shay said...

How fun! I went to a YSA event once that was supposed to be speed dating but there was NO ORGANIZATION so everyone just stood around and talked...boo. So, thats my advice- make sure its organized and that everyone participates. Also, they had little munchies on the tables...of course I would remember that part;-) ha. Your comment on my blog made me giggle.I kind of like the word diastema...and yes, we could TOTALLY be good friends. You should just move here.

Lauren said...

ahhh!
Speed dating, I always see that going down in the wilk at BYU.
Good luck planning it!

Alexis Kaye said...

YES. Speed dating can definately be potential fun...but my one and only experience was not. I was surrounded by boys (no offense) who were either missing teeth or hadn't showered for a week. AND there were way more boys then girls. I think a good option would be an alternate activity for those who don't want to do speed dating but want to come. I know, it's difficult. Maybe some board games in the corner? I know, I'm so lame. And think about what to do with the people who are not partnered up since the numbers most likely wont come out even. GOOD LUCK! can't wait to hear how it turns out :)

Michelle said...

sounds fun! if i were single, i'd DEF take you up on this opportunity. good luck!

Caroline at Her Own Eden said...

I have never done speed dating but I'm single and if I went to an event like this I would think it was fun! I feel like everyone secretly wants to try it but doesnt want to have to do it on their own.... you know?