everyone who knows me know this.
i was sick for almost 2 full months (what a drag)
but I am finally starting to feel better!
FINALLY!
and because its a new year, i am so ready to get back into running.
my goal is to run the Hurrican Half Marathon in April 2011...
I am so pumped about getting into marathon worthy shape, so I must get into gear.






2 comments:
Man, I wish we lived closer (or even knew eachother-ha) cause I so badly want to do another 1/2 marathon!I sucked it up the first one because we hardly trained and I am by no means an expert, but the thing that helps me most is ENJOYING my run. I dont force myself to go fast, I bring my Ipod and I run in a pretty neighborhood where I have lots to look at! Good luck!
Yay! You are making me want to run too!!! Running is so wonderful, I really need to get back into it and I'm wondering why I ever got out of it....
I am by no means an expert, but I have run a few half marathons and relays. I followed a training schedule for my first half. I don't remember which one it was, but there are lots of great FREE ones if you just google half marathon training schedules. I usually did all of the workouts they had scheduled for the week but didn't always do them on the days they said to do them on. I left things open so I had some flexibility. I have to have flexibility because I can't fit a long run in every day of my life...
Set some rewards for yourself, i.e. after you run your first 10 miler buy a new running outfit :)
You go girl! I'll be excited to hear your updates - and I'm so glad you are really feeling better! I CANNOT believe how long you've been sick. No fun!
Post a Comment