Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

walk down memory lane....

so i went thrifting with the bffe last weekend and I found this little bundle of joy.
this walking/snorting piggy is an exact replica of one i had when I was a little girl.

i was soooooooo stinkin excited, I bought it.
and guess how much it was?! fifty whole pennies.
that's right folks, half a dollar.

i was so thrilled and overcome with joy i squealed.
the people in the store looked at me like i was an insane person.
oh well.
i didn't care.
my long lost childhood pal and i had been re-united ("reunited and it feels so good..." its a song, ya know?)

i came home, put some new batteries in it, and it works like a charm!




look at how fun it is. it walks then snorts! hehe
this really takes me back to being a little girl. 
i love this pig. so darling!

thank you DI thrift store


do you have a favorite toy from your childhood?!

8 comments:

Ashley Eliza said...

HAHA you really do love this little thing!!! i need to see this in person moving! your looked like a child on christmas morning :)

xoxo

lindsay said...

oh my i had a little cow that was like this piggy :) no worries friend i would have been excited too!

xoxo

allie & jeff said...

I ALWAYS WANTED ONE but never got it. :(

Kaleena J. said...

i sure do! it was my first stuffed animal that I still sleep with. don't you judge me!

Alexis Kaye said...

AH! I love childhood toys! I used to have a lamb that I wound up and it played music! Where did you find it?

Giveaway:
http://abeautifuldaytobealive.blogspot.com/

The Egan Family said...

Oh, I love thrift stores! I have 2 by my house and I go there every other week! I loved my cabbage patch doll when I was a lil' girl, I would braid her yellow yarn hair during recess. Oh, the good old days! That pig is sooo funny, I love it!

Shay said...

HOW FUN! I don't know if I had one or if I had a friend that did but I definitely remember playing with one of these! I would like to find a litebrite one day!

Anonymous said...

I do! I used to have this Huge Barnie stuffed animal and I loved it so much! I love your blog! It's cute and fun to read! I follow you! Follow me if you like!