Recent Posts

Thursday, June 23, 2011

fathers day treats


for my dads special day i thought i'd make a special treat.

cupcakes in a jar (excuse the horrible photo quality...but i just snapped this with my phone)
introducing, cupcakes in a jar.

these are so easy to make, and a lot of fun.
for the jar toppers I used Crate Paper's Toybox Collection papers. 
(my aunt is the designer and owner  for this lovely company)

Bake the cupcakes, then freeze them.
Take them out of the freezer and slice them in half.
Slide one half of the cupcake into an open mason jar.
then top that cupcake with icing.  (it's easier if the frosting is in a pastry bag)
once that step is complete, top with another cupcake half.
repeat this until the jar is full.

these were a huge hit at the party, and they tasted great (so i hear...these bad boys are NOT gluten free)

6 comments:

Jenna Lee said...

These look great! Whats a wonderful idea. I wish they were gluten free!

Gentri said...

I've seen these before and love the idea so much!! Wish I had a reason to make them... haha!

Sabrina Says Blog said...

I've never seen those before! That is SUCH a cute idea!! I'm going to have to try that out!

Sabrina Says

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

OOhhh those look yummy! I want to try! And thanks for following dear! Have a great day!

Ashley Sloan

Shay said...

OHHHHHHH MYYYYYY GGGGOOOOSSSSHHH!!! I HAVE NO WORDS!

Unknown said...

YUM!! And those look adorable!!