Recent Posts

Sunday, June 5, 2011

love me.

i can't make you love me

no siree, no i can't.
this is something that i have come to realize over the 23 years i've been on this planet.
you can't force people to love you. like you. tolerate you.

you can't force people to do anything at all.
rather, you can be loving towards them and understanding.
try to set your prejudices and emotions aside and understand their point of view.
it's hard to try to do this in dating.
i know i blog a lot about dating.
but guess what?  I'm single.  so get over it (i mean that in the kindest way)

the last guy i dated was incredible. but i realized that i couldn't make him 'love' me more. and i couldn't make myself 'love' him more either.
sometimes things just don't work out.
for no reason at all.

and guess what? i am totally fine with that.
now.
it took me a little while to get used to.
and a lot of time on my knees.
but guess what? i believe in karma.
i believe in a superior power in the heavens above.
i believe that every single teeny tiny little thing on this earth happens for a reason.
actually, i don't believe that.
i KNOW that.

i believe that there are bigger and better things in store for me down the road.
i have so much to celebrate and be grateful for.
my family.
my jobs. (yes, there are 3 of them)
my friends.
my church.
my life.
my health/strength.

i am a blessed lady.  and i am feeling so blessed today.
enjoy this cute little video.





have a great Sunday

4 comments:

Gentri said...

Aw yay! I'm so glad you are just happy with being you and where you're at. :) and yes, turbans + church = not the best idea. Haha!

Amy said...

This is a great post. It made me smile. And ya know what? You are awesome and I admire you so much for being at peace with where you are in life right now. I too believe that everything happens for a reason. And that video is great. It really brought the Spirit. Thank you so much for sharing this post. I needed it.

Alexis Kaye said...

I love this! You are just lovely. It's so true. I have a really hard time when someone doesn't like me, love me, or adore me. You could say I can be insecure. I'm trying to get better though. One thing that I tell myself that seems to help is "kindness begins with me." As in, I can't control how they act towards me, but I can control my actions towards them. I can be the initiator of kindess, even if it is never returned. Best of luck with dating. It will be worth it in the end. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog too. I'm so glad found some ispiration from it :)

Shay said...

Your so beautiful inside and out, Ash. I loved reading this and it is SO TRUE! Good things come to those who wait:-)