here's the deal. I am trying to get healthier and make it fun for myself. I also think it's so much easier to be 'healthy' and good at changing a health habit when i have someone to answer to, don't you?! well...here's where YOU come into the equation.
i've come up with a fun little challenge....
Here's the deets:
healthy living: 30 day challenge RULES
1 month (30 days)
8 points possible per day
must keep a log of points you earn each day
must be totally honest with yourself
1 free day per week (can only log a total of 48 points per week)
must put in $5 bones to the challenge jackpot
sound easy, right? I am sure you're now wondering
"how do I go about earning my points for the day, Ashley?"
Let me tell you....
* no sweets *
* 64 oz of water daily (at least) *
* at least 7 hours of sleep *
* 5 daily servings of fruits or veggies *
* keeping a food journal *
* no junk food (ie: nothing of poor nutritional value.
yes, oreos are against the rules!!!) *
* 30 minutes of exercise*
* 30 additional minutes of exercise *
doing one of each of these on a daily basis will earn you 1 point per task.
every Tuesday evening everyone MUST email me their points for the week then i'll email everyone and let you know who is 'winning' for that week
so, what's the catch?
well, this is going to be totally based on the honor code people.
i am not going to come hunt you down and make sure you're doing what you're supposed to be doing.
this is ALL ON YOU.
to make it even MORE fun, (and competitive) I've decided that everyone who wants to actively participate can put in $5 bones and get themselves put into the challenge jackpot for a fabulous PRIZE.
(once you join the challenge, there is no refund. sorry)
Yes, that's right. the challenge winner will get the GRAND PRIZE of a gift certificate to Nordstrom, Target, or whatever...
(the winner decides - SCORE)
The grand prize money depends solely upon YOU, dearest reader.
The more people who enter the challenge, the more money you're able to win.
So, SPREAD THE WORD!
Let's get the grand prize dollar value up to $100 bones...or more!
Contest will begin on Tuesday, November 1st and will last until December 1st
Are you in?
Ready, Set, Go!
(email me if you're interested in getting entered into the 30 day challenge)






10 comments:
I am totally in!! Blogging has helped me accomplish south . Why not this too? :D but- what about thanksgiving?! Not that I actually eat sweets on thanksgiving (I don't like pie. Yuck)... But I loooove me some rolls.
And by "South" I mean "so much". Darn phone keypad. Haha!
I'm in too! Just let me know where to pay.
This is such a great idea! ;)
Oh my. As fun as this sounds I gotta have my diet soda and a cOokie every once and a while! Although we already eat pretty healthy ( no startch, white pasta, rice, bread, flour) I can't give up my pumpkin pie and mashed potstoes my day of the year on thanksgiving!!
You go! :) I try to eat healthy and work out 4-5 times a week...but there is no way I could do all these!
Dang girl! Good for you :)
It'll be a challenge, but yeah, I think I'm up for it! Thanksgiving might have to be the one day I don't quite get all of the points... :)
wow this is a genius idea! Imma think about it :)
Do your food journal at livestrong.com. There's a tab called "myplate" You enter in what you eat and your exercise and it calculates your calories. So easy! If you create an account it will track everything for you for free.
Post a Comment