Recent Posts

Friday, October 28, 2011

Sloanbook: Guest Post

Hey lovelies...guess what?!  I have another guest post today!
Featuring the ever-so lovely, Ashley from SLOANBOOK is being featured today!
We are like best blog friends since we are both named Ashley, oh and I love the fact that she has a pup named Katinka!  What a cute name, huh?!

I love reading Ashley's blog, she's so witty and clever and so sweet!  go show her some love...after you read her post of course!



Hey hey readers of All Things Ashley!
I am excited to be here!
Guess what? My name is Ashley too...
we both rock because of that :)



Anywho, I'm Ashley from Sloanbook, the blog, here. I blog about my husband, Kevin, and I and our little long-haired chihuahua, Katinka! We both just graduated from BYU in Business and just moved from Utah to Colorado! I post on our random happenings so you never know what you will get :) I guess I am biased but I think it is a fun blog haha...decide for yourself!

Today I am going to tell you why I blog!
Fun right?

1) Document Our Lives:
I started this blog the summer of 2009. Kevin and I got married August of 2008. I didn't start a blog as soon as we got married because I didn't know much about them. My sister-in-law, Tara, had a blog then and still has a super cute blog where she documents her family and their life by sharing pictures, thoughts, and stories! I thought that it would be a fun idea to make one so I could document things that Kevin and I did on the weekends and share funny stories. For me, it is easier than writing in a journal by hand. It is just so fast to type it all out! So my main reason of starting this blog and still is, is to document our lives. I think it is so important to do that, not only for ourselves, but for our posterity. I know that someday my kids and grand-kids will think I am a weird/funny lady with a chihuahua lol.

2) Inspiration:
I don't know about you but I am not very creative or crafty...okay...I bet I could be if I tried, but I am too lazy haha. I love discovering new blogs that have tutorials on how to sew, re-do furniture, decorate, organize, and cook yummy fun meals! I also love fashion blogs because I love to see how other girls put together outfits. I have gotten some great ideas from other bloggers on how to use pieces of clothing that I already have in different and unique ways! If it weren't for these awesome blogs and Pinterest, I'd be lost! http://pinterest.com/ashley_katinka/">Pinterest friend, much? :)
 

3) Friends:
I have taught so many of my friends how to make blogs, how to write posts, how to add backgrounds, etc...because I love blogging and I love that lots of my friends have blogs! I love being able to see what friends are doing after graduation in their new area! Not only is it great to help keep up on your friends' lives but it is a great way to MEET friends! I have found some really great girl friends through blogging! So great that I even helped host a blog party to meet them! Sweet Ashley (not me but Ashley from this blog) was helping and got sick so she couldn't go so that was way sad! Maybe someday we can meet at another blogger meet up :) Positive thinking right?

Anyways, there are numerous reasons why I blog but I just had to narrow it down to those 3 otherwise it would be way long!
Thanks so much for having me Ashley! You are so sweet! :)
I love making new friends so if you'd like, stop by my blog here!

 Say hi!!! Happy day all!

Why do you blog?

5 comments:

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

Thanks for letting me guest post today :) I had fun writing it!!! Have a good day girl!

Unknown said...

cute post - I blog for a lot of the same reasons: documenting our life, getting ideas, and I also love seeing the connections form between bloggers!

Alexis Kaye said...

Both Ashley's you're wonderful!! :)

Shay said...

Love you both!

Suze said...

Love your blog too! I agree with your on the three reasons- though completely unexpected for me, it's great way to meet sweet, supportive people!