holla girl! i love this lady! she is so inspiring, creative, goregous, takes amazing photos, spiritual, sweet, caring, kind, etc, etc.
i echo her when i say we are BBFF's (best blogging friends forever) i have come to love this girl! she's so inspiring! so if you don't, head on over to her blog right now, well after you read this post of course!
. . .
My name is Gentri and I blog over at Gentri Lee. Today I'm going to talk about what I have gained from being a blogger. This is such a wonderful world that we are all so lucky to be a part of. I have definitely grown in many ways just since I started blogging.
Before I became a serious blogger I was going through a really hard time. A while ago I had my heart broken and had a really hard time recovering. I eventually got over it, but I was left with a shrivel of a human being. I had completely let myself go. I didn't have a job, I didn't have many friends, I had become so unhealthy in every way possible.
I needed somewhere to gain inspiration from and I just happened to stumble upon some wonderful blogs. I kept clicking and found out there was an entire world of bloggers who post about all the things I love... Or had loved. I started following them and reading and loving. Soon I had decided to take my little ol' blog that maybe two people read and join in this magical world.
I learned about photography- something I never really thought I'd get into, cooking skills, fashion tips and tricks, home decor, and so much more. Just tapping into my creative side made me feel alive again. I have grown and expanded my horizons. I have direction in my life again. I've explored and become adventurous once again. Blogging has opened up so many windows and I've learned so much.
Not only was I able to gain personally, but I was able to reach out to others. To make friends from all over the world. People I would never have ever known otherwise. We're friends! We email and send each other presents! We help with words of encouragement when one of us is having a rough day. I know there are people I can count on to make me smile. I even took it so far as to meet a bunch of bloggers from my area!

Just from blogging I've learned that it's the little things that really matter. It's that sunset that makes your breath catch, that thank you note you received in the mail, the hat you bought that had been on your wishlist for so long, the cake that didn't quite turn out, the way the blueberries burst in your mouth, the taste of garden fresh vegetables, the bright colors of balloons. I could go on forever.

I'm not saying that blogging is the ONLY reason that I've become what I am today. Because that would be a lie. But blogging is what made me feel alive again, and I believe that it wasn't just coincidence. I know that I've met people through blogging for a reason, that I am gaining skills to use in the future, etc. By exploring the blogging world- my normal everyday life has become more beautiful.
So basicallllyyyy I love blogging. I'm a blogging nerd and I don't care who knows it!! I love being "surrounded" by others who love the same things I do and who can inspire me every single day. So thank YOU for taking the time to blog and for saving someone like me. :)
Thank you Ashley for letting me express my gratitued for the blogging world by guest posting on her blog. And thank you to all who read this. I'd love to "meet" you sometime! So stop by my blog and say hello! :)
Love,
Gentri





13 comments:
Awww... Gentri and Ashley: two of my favorite bloggers!! Thanks for sharing this, Gentri . I'm a blogging nerd too! I put a lot into and and I get a lot out of it too! :) Thank YOU for being such an inspiring, awesome blogger!
Thank you for sharing Gentri and thank you for having her Ashley :)
thanks for sharing your passion for blogging. i am a new blogger & i love it too. the friendships i have made & the women who have been there for me are unlike any other!
can't wait to stop by your blog!
Thank you so much Ashley!!!
Hi! Found you by visiting where Gentri Lee is guest posting! : ) Cant wait to keep reading!
Stop over and follow me too if you like!
Kelli
Dailypolkadots
So sweet. You are awesome, Gentri! And Ashley, I just found your blog and am a new follower! Lovin it!
you are awesome girl! I'm so sorry you had your heart broken but so happy you're back and kicking! I agree :) I'm so happy to be a part of this world! I include myself in your friends list, FYI :D
Gentri!! Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry you had to go through such a rough time in your life :( But gosh, it is amazing how blogging can lift your spirits! And how loved you can feel by making all sorts of bloggy friends! I'm so glad you blog :)
What a sweet post. I just LOVE Gentri!
xo
rachelsayumi.blogspot.com
Oh Gentri, what a great story! Blogging is the best. I'm so glad you blog! :)
oh i love miss gentri lee. i found your blog from hers :) love this post!
Awww Gentri, heartbreak stinks! Sorry to hear about that, but I'm glad that you've found so many great things through blogging. I love it for so many of the same reasons. It's wonderful to 'meet' people and find out they're just as human as you are... and we can all learn something from each other. Blogging is grrrreat! (:
Woohoo! I love this! :) I am going to send you my guest post over sometime soon! Sorry I'm SO slow!!
Post a Comment