the Lord doesn't give us
anything we cannot handle
without His help.
that's my motto for this week.
i had an interesting beginning of my weekend...
i will spare the details, but sometimes you think you know someone
and turns out you really dont.
what is General Conference?
basically, the LDS church has a living prophet who receives revelation from God in our time.
we have the priviledge of listening to the living prophet and his apostles during the 5 sessions.
we are instructed, taught, and called to be better people.
"Although the world has changed, the laws of God remain constant. They have not changed; they will not change. The ten commandments are just that -- commandments. They are not suggestions. They are every bit as requisite today as they were when God gave them to the children of Israel." - Thomas S. Monson
there were some talks in the conference that were specifically meant for me.
i know that God listens to my prayers and He answered them through His servants this weekend.
what a blessing it is to have my religion in my life.
i told my sweet brother (who is currently serving an LDS mission in the Baltics) about my horrible experience I had with a specimen from the male population and he wrote me this today,
"I feel the need to apologize for males and for all the dumb things we do to women. I, myself try very hard to not offend or mistreat females but I know that there are a lot of guys who are just plain jerks. Which, I know is un-changeable. I just wish they wouldn't hurt people I love. Meaning you dear sister. I hope this "man" didn't do any permenant damage. but I'm glad you know when to leave and when to stay. The Lord helps us with all those kinds of things."
I LOVE my brother and am so thankful for his encouragement and example to me. Have I mentioned that he comes home in approx. 33 days? It's been 2 years since I've seen him and I cannot wait for one of my best friends to come home. He is amazing.
this weekend i also enjoyed going to a breakfast for my singles ward with my roommie and we got to see some of our friends from the ward. i love the friendships and strength i get from my singles ward, they rock! unfortunately, my roomie also had an interesting experience with a specimen from the male population this weekend. sometimes i wish that we didn't have to date at all and that we could have arranged marriages (yeah, right)...i think i will be taking a break from the dating world for awhile....just kidding!
i can't give up on the male population just yet. i like them too much!
how was YOUR weekend dearest reader?!







5 comments:
I had an experience too! Although, yours sounds like it was a bigger deal than mine. Mine was just Kane. Is it ok if I ask what happened?? Conference was absolutely amazing! Oh my goodness I learned so much and am so sad it's already over. But what wonderful things came from this conference! And the rebuilding of the tabernacle into another Provo temple! How amazing!! I loved the reaction from the audience when that was announced. :)
Your brother is so sweet. I had a really bad boy experience also and it was through prayer, friends, and lots and lots of positive people (stephanie & such, kelsey, and ally) that I was able to find myself again! I hope you are doing well, you are so beautiful and deserve the BEST.
love xoxo
I am so sorry for whatever this boy did to you. Whatever it was ... Karma! I totally believe in it. What comes around goes around. :) Keep your chin up!
Thank God for general conference- fo realz!
Also, your brother sounds pretty sweet. And wise!
Sounds like a pretty awesome weekend. :)
loved general conference! i went in with 7 questions. 5 of which were answered directly! love it!
xo TJ
Post a Comment