Recent Posts

Monday, May 23, 2011

{perfectly lonely}

i have a confession.
i went on a date over the weekend.
it was a lot of fun and i enjoyed myself.

what's the problem you ask?
i'm perfectly fine with being a single lady. 
as my dear john says,

"I'm perfectly lonely cause
I don't belong to anyone. 
no one belongs to me."


I am not sure as to how i got to this place. 
i love being single. 
 yet, i want to have a cute bf who brings me flowers.  who takes me out. who spoils me.

i guess maybe the guy i went out with over the weekend just was NOT my type.
we had great conversation.
i giggled a LOT.
our arms brushed each others.
but there wasn't a *spark* for me.

i guess you can't force it....

"when there comes a day...when i look all on my younger times,  i'll have to THANK THE WRONGS that lead me to a LOVE SO STRONG"



for now i'll just stay PERFECTLY LONELY



I my guess you can say that is Meet Me Monday...

10 comments:

Gentri said...

I am single as well. :) like you said- It'd be fun to have a boyfriend. I'm sure if I had one I'd love it. But I'm in no way going to force it. When it happens it happens. :)

Ramsey said...

When it's meant to happen it will doll! God knows what he's doin!

Amy said...

Love this song! I too am single. It's hard watching all my friends go and get married (as a fellow LDS girl, you probably see this a lot too!). I was once told to keep in mind that having a guy will only add to your life, not make your life. You don't need a man to be confident or happy. A friend told me that, and I've been trying to remember that ever since. :)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Oh Ashley! I love this song.

I have no doubt that when your perfect man comes along the sparks will fly like FIREWORKS! Until then, you just stay happy and perfectly lonely....you are amazing! :)

Anonymous said...

No matter what situation you are in I have a feeling you have a great attitude about it- thats awesome! I loved linking up with you today!

My Bathroom Is My Castle said...

Thanks for the lovely comment at My Bathroom Is My Castle!
You have a wonderful blog; I'm a new follower now.

Have a happy and joyful Tuesday!

Britta

My Bathroom Is My Castle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Aaaw this is a really cute post!
Although I have been in 2 serious relationships, I have never really done the whole 'dating' thing, its something I feel I have missed out on!

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Much love,
Niki @ http://little-quaint-moments-and-memories.blogspot.com/
xx

Bel said...

You go girl! :D

<3 Belly B

erinj0 said...

I understand the feeling of being happy by yourself! I have been dating a boy for almost 7 years, but LOVE my "me" time!

Love your blog : )
xoxo